Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Italy Tour, Eileen Rose, Berlin, Uppsala Oct 1st - Oct 10th






The Swedish fall is killing just like it always does every year. I also try every year to stay away from this winter country when October comes but somehow it always takes me back in. Our new album 'Brilliant Hands' is out now and it seems to be going well. Next week we'll go on a tour for 18 days in Germany, Belgium and Netherlands.

∞∞∞

Eileen Rose is an artist from Boston and is right now touring with her band The Holy Wreck (Nick, Pat and Rich). They've been out for a long time now and they are currently in Scandinavia. On Thursday they play our hometown Helsingborg on Club Indienational @ The Tivoli together with Helena Arlock and Maja Alderin. I was fortunate enough to open up for these guys on 6 shows in Italy. I flew down to Milan where they picked me up and it was a great time with fun shows, good people, great food and wine. It's rare when you work together with other bands that you like them this much. I'm sure we will all see more of each other in the future. The dates were:

Oct 1 - Cantina 500, Rimini
Oct 2 - Vecchio Scantinato, Morovalle
Oct 3 - Pegaso, Arcola
Oct 4 - All'unaetrentacinquecirca (135), CantĂș
Oct 5 - Teatro dei tamburi, Novellara
Oct 6 - Teatro Nidaba, Milano

Andrea Parodi who was in charge of the operation invited me back on the 20th of October to play at a Townes van Zandt tribute festival in Figino Serenza (CO). So see you guys soon. Let's have some cafe a parte! not sure of the spelling but you drink a shot of espresso - fill the cup with grappa and have another one. it is truly incredible.



∞∞∞

After Italy I had to fly staight to Berlin on a beautiful Ryan Air plain who loves musicians with guitars to do a showcase during the Popkomm Festival. I shared the stage with Doghouse Roses, Kieran Mcmahon and The Rosenkranz.

thank you Schubalu for the pictures;
∞∞∞

The last show of this little tour was in Uppsala, Sweden. Uppsala is close to Stockholm, 7 hours from where I lived. This was the worst little mini-tour I've experienced. I guess I felt a little rock n roll flying into every gig though...well if I would have my own jet-plane that is...
Anyway, the show at Hijazz, Uppsala was great, Helena Arlock came up to open up and to play with me, they booked us into a business room with bathrobes and free minibar, and they fixed my broken voice with giant tea-drinks spiced with whiskey..it was all good..

∞∞∞