Saturday, March 17, 2007

Burlesque, Sugar and Madness

New York City.

I've had a great week in this big apple and it's a bit sad that it's coming to an end but we have more great adventures that is out there lurking in he bushes..

Today is St Patrick's Day..have to hit the town soon I guess and join the crazy parade. Malissa, Christian and Erica were nice enough to let us sleep on a huge airmattress in their apartment in Queens! This is the first time for a while that we can relaxe so we just sleep all the time. This place is filled with guitars and laptops..I passed out on the coach after I ate 4 French Toast and some sort of Jelly-shortbread..this american lifestyle is hard to keep up with!

We celebrated Malissas birthday the other day and it was quite a wild evening, we found this bar and the owner went nuts and poured like 20 straight whiskey shots then he barricaded the door so we wouldn't get out, he lifted poor Josh and swung him in the air and it was all madness... after that we had Falafel and dessert at Sugar - thanks Sammy. ...we also saw central park that day I think. a bagel and a coffee sitting on rocks on a beautiful spring day. I can truly say that I haven't felt that good in a looong time...

Oh well, then came the snow again.. F*^K! I couldn't believe it..

We've played two more shows since I last wrote to you. 3 days ago we played a place called Goodbye Blue Monday in Brooklyn with two other great acts: Darren Hayes and The Radio Roots. I have to find this guys on myspace now when I think of it.

I have to talk about yesterday as well, we were going to play this show that our friend Chris Cuzme set up for us at the No. 43 Stage 2 Jimmy's. Before we were gonna play our show there was this Burlesque show and it was madness all over...huge women showing me what they were good for..I swallowed those chocolat stouts so fast I wobbled up on stage when it was time for us to go on. The show was fun though, we managed to gather a number of New York-friends in our small but decent crowd. Thanks guys.

After the show a couple of us went for drinks. Christian (with the hazelnut eyes, haha) took us for a tour that of course ended up with dessert at Sugar. I had an excellent mushroom soup at 5 in the morning. Take that, kebab eaters!

I'm not sure what I'm talking about, I'm just exhausted..sorry..

/G

No comments: