Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Goldschlager, Rockwood and Helsingborg

I just had some great coffee that I got from my new friend Linus who is staying at the same guesthouse as me in NYC. We came here 4 days ago after doing our last leg on our Upstate New York Tour.

The highlights last week was Clinton and Albany – two shows that we played a couple of weeks ago and the now came back to do a second show. In Clinton we recorded it all live, the audience was brilliant and we all felt happy somehow...after the show me, Helena, Nick, Jennifer and Rocky shared a big bottle of wine and goldschlager! It was very sad saying goodbye to all of them; we'll come back though – somehow.

The next day, we woke up with only a couple of hours sleep and we took the greyhound to Albany where we met up with the king of Albany, Ralph and his dog Benny. We went to see this instrument-guru that had a look at Helenas cello but he said it was too much work to do in one day so Helena has to find someone to repair it in NYC today.. Ralph is also an amazing guy and we'll miss him a lot! We gave him a book about how to speak Swedish from 1976 and he seemed happy about it.

We played our third show at The Red Square and it was really great! The audience was brilliant; we met great musicians and great people. Tiffany who owns the bar let us stay at her house, the morning after we took the next greyhound, finally back to NYC. The reason why I say finally is that we were planning to go here much sooner but we've ended doing more shows in New York State but now it was back for the return. If I didn't tell you guys before, for you who never been here, this city is magnificent (!)

We did our first NYC show at the Rockwood Music Hall, a cool little venue where some of the best acoustic performers hang out, at least that's what I've heard. I'm so glad we did that show because I met a couple of new friends who had very interested things to say! Christian Cuff invited us to come up to a house in Maine and record for a couple of days next week and I just can't wait. We did a show with him and his friend Malissa at the West End Café in New Brunswick, NJ yesterday. Meeting new people really is inspiring.

Otherwise we've been cruising around this big apple together with our friend Linus who is half Swedish half Korean and raised in Australia but born in Helsingborg! What's the odds, I come to a guesthouse in Queens NYC, meet up with this great guy who left MY hometown when he was 3? I mean, I come from quite of a small town. He know some Swedish so we've been encouraging him to speak more. Hopefully Linus and our paths will cross soon again.

I haven't done any sightseeing yet, but I've turned in my laundry for 8 bucks.

/G

No comments: