Friday, March 23, 2007

Maine, Brown Dog Studios and Car vacuum.

I just did my laundry, felt good. These last couple of days has been great but also a pain.

I did a show at the Bitter End in New York City last Sunday. It was a great show and I really enjoyed it. We managed to gather almost all the friends we made here at one single place. The atmosphere was great but we had to run to take a greyhound up to Maine. Me, Helena, Malissa and Christian jumped on the night bus around midnight and arrived in Bath, Maine in the morning. Christians friend Olivia was kind enough to pick us up in Portland and drive us to Bath where we had breakfast at Family Cuff's diner, thanks Graham for the delicious avocado sandwich!

We came to Christian's parents house and there we found Earl and Brown Dog Studios. We were exhausted from a night on the bus that didn't stop us to record, jam and write all day long. Those 3 days I recorded demos for 5 new songs, co-wrote a song with Christian, played bass, banjo and slide. Damn that was fun. We rounded it up with a show in the studio in front of an audience that consisted of Christian's high school buddies. I hope to put up a live-track or two on my profile soon, just waiting for the mix.

We're still car-hunting and it seems like me, Helena and Christian are going to cross this huge country soon. We thought we would have a car by now but the plan didn't work so we never made it to Washington DC today and I'm really frustrated about that. Hopefully this car issues will be solved soon, I really really hope so becuase it's wearing us out. Today I will probably write less but post pictures!

Slow day..tunes in my head

/G

Currently reading :
Travels with Charlie
By John Steinbeck
Release date: 1963

No comments: