Saturday, March 31, 2007

We have a car!!

Fredericksburg, VA, USA

Finally it's warm outside, can't believe how beautiful it is down here in Virginia. We finally got a car and we call it Seyless after the kitten that didn't make it. Seymour is ok though and will probably find a home soon. If you don't know what I'm talking about check the past posts. The car is a 91 Toyota Previa and we can fold down the seats and sleep on a mattress which will save us a lot of money.

It was not easy getting that car, after 4 days of DMV visits trying to get plates for it we found out we had to drive up to Maine for Christian to get his insurance since he has his address there. They said it would be enough for us to cross the border so we left by midnight so we could be there in the morning, getting it done quickly so we could drive home quickly again since Christian was going to work later that day. When we got there they said that we had to drive to Cs' hometown, it wasn't enough to it in the state of Maine...we we're so disappointed but we decided to drive to Bath and there we got the plates easily but C had to take the day off.


After we got the plates we drove to a mechanic who told us that the car hadn't been inspected so the guy we bought the car from lied to us. We had to buy a new windshield for it to pass inspection but we couldn't get it until early morning the next day. The plan was to go there 8am, have the window replaced then drive to Philadelphia where I had a show at World Cafe' Live at 7pm..good thing I had brought my guitar in the car just to fool around with because I had all my other stuff in NYC.

The next morning we go there and finds out that the window wouldn't arrive until 10.30 so C and Helena drove me to Boston as fast as they could so I could catch a trian to Philly than they returned to get the car fixed..

I had a great show at World Cafe Live, after my show a girl called Birdie Busch invited me to play a couple of songs on her set later that night. Although I was a bit worried I wouldn't make my Greyhound back to NYC where I was going to meet up with H and C. But I played my 2 songs, ran out of there, caught the bus, slept in an awkward position for 30 minutes, met up with my friends in NYC.

After 3 hours of sleep me Helena Christian and Malissa had breakfast at Neptune Diner and planned our trip. We we're glad to find out that Malissa had decided to come with us. C and M couldn't come yet though, we'll meet them in North Carolina next week.

Yesterday we played Fredericksburg, met new friends and had a great time. It was as folk as it could get and the 4 performers took turns in performing one song at a time..

Good times,

G

No comments: